Friday, June 12, 2009

Treasures from the North

My friend Carmelita and I drove up to Duluth yesterday to attend the Minnesota Quilt Show. We had a fabulous day (as we always do when we spend the day together) and we hunted and gathered some fun new supplies and pretties to add to our stashes. I picked up some fabulous over dyed silk kimono fabric from Laura Murray Designs and a really fantastic rubber texture plate to use with my Shiva paint sticks and polymer clay. Look! The pale pink fabrics has cherry blossoms on it! I also picked up a couple of fun fabric fat quarters, a stencil (another Laura Murray original), some odd bits of fiber and a few packets of embroidery needles from France. This gorgeous rayon ribbon was hand dyed by Wendy Richardson a local fiber artists of exceptional talent. Her booth is a tactile and visual feast as is Laura Murray's booth. Laura and Wendy are such generous and talented artists to chat with and the products that they sell are wonderful. We are lucky here in Minnesota to have such creative people in our community.
I love going to quilt shows. I am always so inspired by the wonderful quilts that people have made and it makes me want to rush home and start creating myself. I'll admit that the shopping is always nice too and it's great to have pretty new stuff to inspire my latest creative endeavor.

1 comment:

Sue Thomas said...

I'm still drooling over your purchases, Pam!!!